Overseas Initial Student
F-1 international students must enroll in a full course of study, 18 hours or more per week, to maintain an F-1 student status. In order to issue a Form I-20 (“Certificate of Eligibility”), we must receive the documents from you as follows;
- Complete an international student application form for SEVIS I-20 and submit it via on-line. Non-refundable $100 USD payment for course registration fee will be applied at the time of submission.
- Register and make payment for an AmLotus program via wire transfer, PayPal, or money order.
- Send us required supporting documents.
– A completed international student application signed and dated
– Affidavit of Support Form completed and signed from parents and/or sponsor(s) from each financial provider which stats that they will be the financial providers for the student’s studies at Amlotus, LLC.
– Bank Certified letter(s) or Statement showing enough funds (*) to cover the student’s financial needs for his/her duration of study at Amlotus including tuition, books and supplies, and living expenses. It must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of registration.
(* Estimate of expenses for students enrolled in Amlotus Intensive ESL Programs for an academic year is $15,000.00 US dollars. If you have a dependent(s), the amount of $7,500.00 US dollars for a spouse, and (or) the amount of $5,000.00 US dollars for each child must be added respectively.)
Prices may change due to course selection. Tuition may also change, depending which courses you are registering for.
– Valid Passport – It must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of expiration.
4. Receive an I-20 form from Amlotus. Please be advised that it takes 2-3 weeks to process your SEVIS I-20 request. SEVIS I-20 will be mailed to you by Express Mail.
- Visit www.fmjfee.comand pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee that is required by the US Homeland Security Department. You must complete it before you have a visa interview at the Embassy.
- Apply for your F-1 visa in your home country. Visit www.usembassy.govfor the information about a list of the closest U.S. Consulate or Embassy and how to prepare a visa interview.
- Come to the U.S. Please be advised that you will not be allowed by Immigration to enter the U.S. anytime earlier than 30 days before your classes start.
- Report your arrival to Amlotus School within 30 days after your arrival.
- Schedule an appointment for the placement test and attend our New Student Orientation.
- Start your courses at AmLotus.